Thursday, July 24, 2008

abs.

let me fill you in on a lil bit of whats happened in the past month and a half. during one of my trips to nyc, i fell. on the stairs. at the airport. (pause for laughter) 9000 people stop to watch. you know how many offer to help you up? no one but your damn self. i hobbled around nyc for a week. came back to florida to find out i had bruised bones and sprained tendons. the next 3 weeks were spent in and out of physical therapy for electro shock treatment.

today was my 2nd day back in the gym since the injury. yay me! i was able to walk/run on the treadmill for 30 minutes. yes, jamie, i did run. i am amazed too. from there i went to the mat to catch up on ab work. as im laying there a socially awkward guy also approaches the mat. he does not sit down. he begins stretching in a very overly exaggerated manner. i think he thought he was training for dodgeball in the special olympics. ok, fine. good for him.

weirdo: "so... you doing abs?" (umm... actually these are tricep excercises.)
weirdo: "you do abs every day huh?" (huh? are you still talking to me?)

to which i respond "well i am trying to get back into it, yeah." you would think he would stop talking now as he can see im short of breath.

weirdo: "so, what are you? brazilian?" (wtf buddy.)
me: "actually im from india."
weirdo: "ohhh... is that in pakistan?"
me: "umm no. india is a country."
weirdo: "right. right. yeah."
weirdo: "so... maybe we can get a drink tomorrow night?"
me: "very flattering. if i didnt already have plans with my boyfriend, id be there."
weirdo: "is he brazilian?" (dude are you a total dipshit?)

at this point i turned around. i think he walked away.

thank you, imaginary boyfriend, thank you.

0 comments: